Monday, June 13, 2016
Webinar for Parents Of Children with Disruptive Behaviors 6/17/2016
Hello everybody-- I want to call your attention to a webinar for parents that will be held by the National Center on Birth Defects and Developmental Disabilities on Friday, June 17, 2016, 1-2:30 PM Eastern time. To register, go to htpps://goto.webcasts.com/starthere.jsp?ei=1105300. There is no charge for participation.
This webinar is about learning to do a parent version of behavior therapy for children whose behavior is disruptive, perhaps because of ADHD.
According to the announcement I received:
During the webinar, parents and families will learn about:
· What is behavior therapy for young children and why it is delivered by parents; the parents’ role in fostering a healthy and positive environment for their children;
· What parent training in behavior therapy looks like (including what programs and interventions are effective for young children with ADHD and other disruptive behaviors);
· What they can expect when being trained in behavior therapy (setting, number of sessions, activities during sessions, homework, time to see progress, types of skills addressed in the training);
· When medication is recommended for children with ADHD;
· Questions to ask their primary care physician or referring clinician;
· Questions to ask a potential parent training provider before beginning training in behavior therapy;
· How to monitor treatment progress to decide whether or not a provider and/or treatment is a good fit for your child’s needs.
This promises to be a very helpful experience for parents who are concerned about children's disruptive behavior!